Tuesday, April 29

Today is the day!

Today I set forth for England! Woohoo!

I packed a couple of days ago after doing every stitch of my laundry at a laundromat. I wanted to be able to see exactly what I wanted to bring, all laid out in front of me. So, I ended up deciding on a pair of black pants, my black, stretchy pinstripes, and a pair of jeans. I also have several shirts and some undershirts, for layering. Last week I bought a light hoodie/jacket from Target. So, I'm set. I have my electronics, my journals(yes, plural), toiletries, first-aid kit, towel, undies, and plans. And I still feel like I forgot something. Hopefully, it's something I can buy when I get there. ;)

I'm nervous about the flight. It's long, but at least I have a window seat. Still, flying makes me uncomfortable on the best of flights, and this one has more time for something to go wrong! You'd think that for someone who is a perpetual passenger with some crazy drivers, I'd be better at flying. Well, I'm not bad, per say, just nervous. I don't toss up, or faint, or drink myself to oblivion. I just get hyper and try to distract myself. Luckily, I have my Kindle and my media player, for which I bought some nice, noise-canceling headphones for my trip.

Well, I best be getting back to work. I leave early today, as my plane leaves at 4. Wish me luck, and stay tuned for the pictures!

No comments: